Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Spectrum is back on!

Hello!

     Yesterday I spoke to my group, explaining all the beliefs I had in our projects old idea. I presented it almost like a PowerPoint presentation showing them the storyboard I made and explaining what we could do with sound, lighting, visuals, and anything else that might've been a doubt when we initially started working on the idea. After presenting all of this to them, they both agreed that they liked it and that we should go back to the original idea. I was really excited not just because we get to go back to the other idea, but also for the personal reason of challenging myself to create this storyboard and try to convince my group members that we could still use a creative unique idea but also show an equal amount of technique.
     Our next struggle was coming up with two news articles. These two articles had to be, at the time, a representation of real news vs fake news. The same problem that we've had with most our ideas happened again with this idea, we had to figure out how we can show the difference of news and how it affects the worlds in just 2 minutes. In class, we came up with the name of our newspapers in each world. For the blue world it would be the Neptune Chronicles, and the red world would be Mars Times. I really liked the name Mars Times because one of my group members Laerke explain how mars is the god of war and was often angry and violent, which also goes along with the whole idea of the red world. When we met in groups, we came up with the idea of having a blatant lie like California banning gay marriage and then the blue world represent how people instead come together and celebrate in Pride. At first I thought it was a good idea because it represented the fake news aspect of it, but once class was over and I put more thought into it the idea and realized that although it does convey the fake news aspect of the red world, it goes against the lack of human relationships we are trying to convey in the blue world. I realized there really wasn't a way to convey that with the idea of pride so we have to come up with a new idea for the news articles. I know eventually we will figure it out so I'm not too stressed about it, and when we do we will be 100% ready to film.
     Until next time,
        Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment