Sunday, March 26, 2017

New Everything..

Hello again

    Over the long weekend my group and I met up a couple of times to figure out how we were going to make clear that these are two different worlds and how we were going to get that idea across with the visuals. Unfortunately, when we spoke about the idea my group members were talking about how the idea was getting really difficult to convey because of limited resources and things like that. So they proposed that we thought of another idea. The thought of having to give up on something just because it seems difficult is something that makes me incredibly frustrated because it's something i've never been used to doing. Since I'm doing this project with a group my opinion alone about the idea isn't what matters most because its supposed to be a group effort kind of thing and I alone don't make every single decision, we all do together. If I'm being honest, I'm saddened by the fact that I'm not going to get the chance to create something that I truly believed was different, but I decided I'm just going to make it a separate project for myself and see how it goes, but for now I'm going to try and put as much effort and energy into the new idea. 
    Our new idea has to do with technology and not really how it affects peoples normal life, but how it just is their life. We talked about how they can be shown never looking at each other and just always looking at their phones. We were talking about how they are so involved in everything that had to do with technology and what was presented to them so easily because of it. This includes the violence that happens around the world. We talked about showing how desensitized people had become to watching violence over the years because they had it at their disposal every second of every day. We were thinking about possibly starting the opening off with the credit scene showing different shots of people talking to each other in different languages but still never looking away from their phones or talking about anything that showed any type of connection. The opening would then progress cutting to a scene of the main character walking with a group of friends towards her backyard. Then as they sit down it would show how connected they are to their phones. Then the group would get a notification saying that someone was just beaten to death and they could either watch it or snooze it. Then we would show the main characters reaction, being the only one that looks up from her phone, to imply that this is someone she may have known or something that affected her. She would look up breaking off the connection from her phone and then we would show everyone else never look away all pressing 'Watch Now' and then it would cut off. Although personally i feel this idea is like something thats been done before, both my other group members like it and feel it is a good idea to get our message clearly across. I think it's a good idea that can intrigue the audience while also letting us show technique throughout the opening without having to deal with other influences that could in a way make it more difficult. 
   Until next time 
       Jess 

No comments:

Post a Comment