Sunday, March 12, 2017

Overthinking is my specialty

  Hello again !!
The past few days have consisted of me constantly stressing over things that haven't happened yet, then again whats new? I already know my first struggle in this project will most definitely be believing in myself and any ideas that I have. This time is no different. Although I am excited for this project I feel my first mistake is that I have invested most of my time doubting my ideas then actually throwing them out there to see what my group thinks and that is something I am definitely going to try and work on. From what my group and I have spoken about, our genre is leaning towards a drama/mystery. At first we wanted to establish a background story using a voiceover. Although the voiceover seemed like a good idea at first, we also took into consideration the risks it would bring to do one because it can sound cheesy. Another route I thought could be a possibility would be the idea of a character introduction. We could introduce a character who has the ability to move in between these two worlds that are symbolized by these two different hues, where we can have shots of the protagonist telling her own story. I was thinking this could be told with cutaways to the life she had lived. It could also be told in present tense where she is experiencing these two worlds and most of the intro could be told more with the visuals instead of using so much dialogue. These are all ideas that have been briefly discussed within my group and hopefully when I actually bring it up it could be something to consider. Whatever happens I will just remind myself to take things one step at a time!

Until next time,
  Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment