Sunday, April 2, 2017

Filming Day 2

Hello again! 

    Yesterday was our second day of filming and as of right now we are one shot away from being done. We stayed filming much later than we had the first day trying to make sure we had a lot of shots from a lot of different angles. Although we think we are pretty much finished, I still feel like we are going to have to reshoot some small things once we start editing but I know its all going to work out. I do have to say though, that yesterdays filming was much more difficult than Friday's. We had to control the lighting outside as well as inside the house in a way that one didn't look stronger than the other. We went through the same process that we went through on Friday trying to figure out where the lights could go. Not only did this take us a pretty long time to figure out, it also stressed us out whenever we couldn't really see the main characters face. One of my group members Isa said how we could always try and lighten the shot in post production which could be one solution. If that doesn't look good, I think we should just look at it in the sense that in that moment you can't see her face which shows this disconnect from the world she's in and the one she's about to be in. 
    We each had a separate vision of how we thought each shot should come out. So we each took the camera and showed the vision we each had for the specific scene. I'm glad that we did this because we ended up with a lot of clips and things to work with when we start editing. One shot I did get very excited about was the shot where we got a close up of the main character stepping into the other world. I set the camera on the ground right where the door opened, and it got both colors perfectly inside the shot I thought it just looked so good and I'm really happy about how it looks!! 
  Until next time,
     Jess



No comments:

Post a Comment